Terms and Conditions
By using the data on the Desert Knowledge Australia Solar Centre (DKASC), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
All data produced by the DKASC is protected by copyright, which vests with the Desert Knowledge Australia (DKA), and is administered by Ekistica.
Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, and those explicitly granted below, all other rights are reserved.
All data must be accurately and fairly represented such that a person viewing any material (written, printed, online, graphical or other format) based on the DKASC data presented could independently verify the results presented. Thus the presented data should include clear indication of
- exact dates of the analysis Full year 2014, 01 Jan 2015 - 01 Feb 2015 etc.
- the units of the data i.e. kWh, kWh/day, kWh/kW etc.
- the year the technology was installed i.e. (2008, 2014 etc.). Where any specific technology is referred to in the material the year of installation of the PV system must appear in the referring title. i.e. BP Solar Mono Si (2008).
- any mitigating factors that make the comparison or analysis unfair or inaccurate should be noted i.e. system outage over the given period etc.
You may display, reproduce and distribute up to 5000 cells of data, in unaltered form only (including data contained within passages, tables, diagrams and images from www.dkasolarcentre.com.au) without seeking formal consent.
Formal consent must be sought from DKA via Ekistica where the amount of information exceeds 5000 cells of data. DKA and Ekistica reserve the right to set out the terms and conditions of use.
Requests for formal consent and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights in DKASC products and services should be addressed to:
DKA Solar Centre Project Manager
PO Box 8044
Alice Springs, NT 0871
or email email@example.com
Citation of DKASC Data
If data is used towards research and other publications, please include the following citation:
* General: Desert Knowledge Australia Centre. dd/mm/yyyy. Download Data. Alice Springs. http://dkasolarcentre.com.au/historical-data/download, date accessed: dd/mm/yyyy.
* Specific: Desert Knowledge Australia Centre. dd/mm/yyyy. Download Data: Array ## Brand Name. Alice Springs. http://dkasolarcentre.com.au/historical-data/download, date accessed: dd/mm/yyyy.
We would also appreciate hearing about any research and other R&D outputs from DKASC data. Please feel free to notify us of your publication or initiative by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
In all cases the DKASC must be acknowledged as the source when reproducing or utilising any DKASC data regardless of format.
Any published data should always include the following caveat immediately adjacent to the data:
Desert Knowledge Australia, the Australian Government, the Northern Territory Government and the project managers, Ekistica do not endorse, and accept no legal liability whatsoever arising from, or connected to, the outcomes and conclusions associated with the use of data from the Desert Knowledge Australia Solar Centre.
DKA and Ekistica encourage people to use information from the DKASC website.
This website is presented by DKA and the Australian Government for the purpose of:
- Providing an educational resource and portal for photovoltaic systems.
- Disseminating free information for the benefit of the PV industry and general public.
DKA and Ekistica monitors the quality of the information available on this website and updates the information regularly.
However, DKA does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on this website or on any linked site.
DKA recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of this website, and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the website for their purposes.
Where data from any of the technologies at the DKASC is utilized for publicity materials, research papers, forums, presentations or other public dissemination the user is required to fairly and accurately represent this data in such a way that the information or assertions provided can be independently verified by other users of the site. In the situation where comparisons between different technologies are done, all relevant information (for example, the year of system installation) shall be clearly provided to allow accurate verification by other parties.